UN Youth Wellington runs a range of Model UN events in Wellington City, as well as the outer areas of the region, including Palmerston North, Taranaki, Wairarapa, Gisborne and Hawkes Bay. The Wellington Region is proud to have received the annual Cutfield Gavel award for Most Successful Region a number of times. The Wellington Regional Council comprises of nine members and meets fortnightly in Wellington City.
How to get involved
UN Youth Wellington provides a range of opportunities for passionate young people to be involved in our region. We provide valuable volunteer opportunities at both a high school and a tertiary level.
High School students may represent UN Youth in their schools as High School Ambassadors. Our most dedicated high school delegates are also given the chance to be interns for Crisis Model UN, our annual high school-run Model UN.
Tertiary students are at the heart of our volunteer base in the region – whether it be organising a conference, or sitting on our Regional Council. Victoria University of Wellington students may sign up as members of the UN Youth club on campus, where we provide a range of Model UNs, seminars, and volunteering opportunities. All our events contribute points for participants of the Victoria International Leadership Programme.
For more information about UN Youth, and the Wellington Region, please get in touch with us, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A copy of the newly updated regional constitution of UN Youth: Wellington may be found at the link below:
Sharing the Wins – UN Youth Wellington Edition
Here on the Regional Council we really want to emphasise to our volunteers just how incredible they are in their small acts of kindness right through to their countless hours of dedication to this organisation!
Fill out the form at the link below if you would like to participate:
Wellington Regional High School Students’ Mailing List
Be kept in the know with all the cool opportunities that are available for you by a single email!
Use the form below to sign yourself up to our mailing list exclusive to high school students so you don’t miss a thing!
Wellington Regional Tikanga Policy Document
Understanding the need and importance to better respect and understand the place of Te Tiriti and tikanga in Aotearoa, the 2019 Regional Council has worked on drafting and adopting our own regional Tikanga Policy document.
Though through baby steps, we envision the region working towards thoughtful and meaningful engagement with New Zealand’s bi-cultural status, and this document is one of those steps we have started to take this year. You can find a copy of the document here.
If you had any concerns or questions regarding this document please contact email@example.com.
Wellington Regional Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2020
Notice is hereby given for UN Youth New Zealand: Wellington Region;s Annual General Meeting (AGM), to be held on Thursday the 8th of October at MZ03, Rutherford House, Pipitea Campus of Victoria University of Wellington.
As outlined in clause 9 of the Regional Constitution, at this AGM we will:
- Approve the 2019 AGM minutes;
- Approve the 2020 SGM minutes;
- Receive and hear ti the 2020 Regional Council Members’ End of Year Reports;
- Review the proposed changes to the Regional Constitution; and
- Elect the 2021 Regional Council
Nominations are now open, and you can submit them here: https://forms.gle/gQxdGD7WKeU9fDNv9
Role descriptions and expectations can be found in clause 8 of the Regional Constitution.
A copy of the current Constitution of UN Youth Wellington is here for your convenience: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z7Q_A2VysS2ZuNzwSlq7Vyr9jH0YL4v1xC0Qhb-0ngI/edit
A copy of the proposed Constitution of UN Youth Wellington can be found here:
If you had any questions or concerns around the AGM in general, please contact the Regional President, Elizabeth, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find our Facebook events page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1717881015034536
- Wellington Outreach Programme 2020 - The Wellington Region is proud to introduce our Outreach events this year. Outreach events are events held outside Wellington city, but within the Wellington region, and this year they will be held in the Wairarapa, Hawkes Bay, Gisborne and Taranaki. The ultimate aim of this is to bring the educational content that UN Youth New […]
- Wellington Citizen Compass 2020 - [THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED. IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAILS] What does a democratic society mean beyond voting booths? In our brand new regional event, delve deeper into Aotearoa’s government – learn how we as citizens can raise our voices, and how our elected officials interact with our concerns and the […]