Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 26/10/2018 7:00 pm
Applications close on Friday 26th October 2018 at 7pm.
About the event and roles:
UN Youth is looking for committed tertiary students to take on a key role in organising Wellington’s flagship event for secondary school students in 2019: Wellington Model United Nations.
Wellington Model United Nations provides an opportunity for secondary school students to engage in civics education and develop their awareness of global affairs. This event is one of the most important in UN Youth Wellington’s calendar for the year.
Volunteers will learn important organisational skills through this committee, including working within budgets, managing relationships with external parties and creating educational content and strategies. These skills transfer well both in terms of further volunteer work and professional development.
Coordinator, Communications Officer, Logistics Officer, Educational Officer
Report to: Wellington Regional President
Length of Tenure: October 2018 – March 2019
Note that these are unpaid roles. The UN Youth Wellington Regional Council reserves the right to reopen applications, and to appoint positions that may vary from those mentioned above, as well as to refrain from appointing one or more of these roles. You are welcome to apply for the Wellington Model Parliament Committee as well.
● Provides vision and leadership to the organising committee
● Responsible for liaising between the committee and the UN Youth Wellington Regional Council
● Is mindful and respectful towards committee and Regional Council
● Communicates effectively with Regional Council
● Responsible for securing the venue and dates for the event
● Produces a budget (in conjunction with the Logistics Officer) for Regional Council approval
● Organises strategic planning and meetings with the organising committee
● Creates a timeline for task deadlines
● Is consistent and reliable
● Responsible for the oversight of participant applications
● Main point of contact on the day of the event.
● Produces a promotion plan for the event
● Creates promotional materials such as posters and flyers
● Responsible for liaising with Regional Secretary for set up of Facebook event
● Answers delegate queries
● Responsible for registrations
● Secures guest speakers
● Provides catering plan for the event
● Prints materials such as placards and amendment forms
● Works in conjunction with the Coordinator to create a budget
● Works in conjunction with the Coordinator and National Relations officer to seek potential sponsors and venues
● Directs conference assistants during the day for set up
● Other practical tasks
● Creating/formalising an educational theme for the event, in conjunction with the Coordinator
● Creating and overseeing educational content for the event, including resolutions, workshops and briefing papers, with assistance from the Assistant Coordinator
● Working with the Communications Officer to secure speakers
● Working through educational content with conference assistants
● Other education-related tasks
Qualities Essential to all Roles
● Excellent time management and keeping to deadlines
● Good teamwork skills and is respectful of team members
● Confident and effective communicator
● Is trustworthy and reliable
● Willingness to learn and adapt
Please note the above role descriptions are not exhaustive; they provide a basic outline of some tasks completed by that portfolio. Upon selection, the committee may reallocate some tasks within portfolios. The Coordinator or Regional Council may assign any further tasks that arise during the tenure of the event committee.
Applications are due Friday 26th October 2018 at 7pm.
A completed application must consist of personal details and cover letter (not exceeding two typed pages).
Selections will be conducted by the Wellington Regional President, and Vice Presidents, and approved by a vote on the Council. A Coordinator will be the first role decided, followed by the subsequent members of the committee.
Should you have any questions, or wish to seek further information, please do not hesitate to contact Amarind Hun Eng, Wellington Regional President, at email@example.com
Please login to continue.