Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 19/12/2018 11:59 pm
Wellington Model International Court of Justice is back! This unique event is the notch in your belt that any university student must have. A faithful replication of the International Court of Justice, Wellington Model ICJ will put the question of justice between UN member states to tertiary students, who must utilise logic, fairness, and of course law to come to a ‘just’ conclusion.
This is an experience not to be missed! It will provide an invaluable insight into the inner workings of the judicial branch of the United Nations, perfect for law students wanting to put what they’ve learnt in lectures to the test, for any student who has an interest in international relations, and for every student who is looking for a unique experience to expand their worldview!
UN Youth Wellington is looking for students to take on the exciting roles on the organising committee. In this role you will learn essential professional development skills to put you in good stead both professionally and personally. The committee experience will develop your communication, organisational, and professional skills that will benefit you no matter your course of study or future employment.
If you want to develop your skills, and challenge yourself with something new, apply now! Applications close on on the 19th of December 11:59pm.
Coordinator, Communications Officer, Logistics Officer, Educations Officer
Report to: Wellington Regional Vice President for Tertiary
Length of Tenure: December 2018-tbc
- Provides vision and leadership to the organising committee
- Responsible for liaising between the committee and the UN Youth Wellington Regional Council
- Is mindful and respectful towards committee and Regional Council
- Responsible for securing the venue and dates for the event
- Produces a budget (in conjunction with the Logistics Officer) for Regional Council approval
- Organises strategic planning and meetings with the organising committee
- Creates a timeline for task deadlines
- Is consistent and reliable
- Responsible for the oversight of participant applications
- Main point of contact on the day of the event
- Produces a promotion plan for the event
- Creates promotional materials such as posters and flyers
- Responsible for liaising with the Regional Secretary to set up a Facebook event
- Answers delegate queries
- Responsible for registrations
- Secures guest speakers
- Provides catering plan for the event
- Prints materials such as placards and amendment forms
- Works in conjunction with the Coordinator to create a budget
- Works in conjunction with the Coordinator and Regional Council to seek potential sponsors and venues
- Directs conference assistants during the day for set up
- Other practical tasks
- Creating/formalising an educational theme for the event, in conjunction with the Coordinator
- Creating and overseeing educational content for the event, including resolutions, workshops and briefing papers, with assistance from the Co-ordinator
- Working with the Communications Officer to secure speakers
- Working through educational content with conference assistants
- Other education-related tasks
All roles will require time management skills, confidence, and a willingness to learn new skills. This list of responsibilities is a general outline of what can be expected in your roles.
Applications are due Wednesday 19th of December, 11:59 pm.
A completed application must consist of personal details and cover letter (not exceeding two typed pages). Please upload your cover letter and CV below.
Your cover letter should address questions including:
- What experience do you have that could be applied to Wellington Model ICJ?
- Why is the International Court of Justice important?
- What is the best and/or worst aspect of the International Court of Justice? (This can include processes, representation, etc.)
Selections will be conducted by the Wellington Regional President, and Vice Presidents, and approved by a vote on the Council.
Should you have any questions, or wish to seek further information, please do not hesitate to contact our Regional President, Amarind Hun Eng, at firstname.lastname@example.org.