Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 09/08/2020 11:59 pm
Kia ora and welcome to National Development Hui!
National Development Hui (NDH) is a unique opportunity for UN Youth officeholders to meet up, hang out, learn skills relevant to their portfolios and share in critical discussions around the development of UN Youth.
As the name suggests, NDH is dedicated to furthering development in our organisation. It seeks to do this in three ways:
- Provide personal development opportunities to officeholders, through workshops and educational sessions.
- Foster social development between volunteers through teambuilding opportunities and fun social evenings.
- Create a platform to discuss the visionary development of UN Youth, including a chance to engage in person with our Board of Directors, and to collaborate on overcoming challenges facing the organisation.
The National Executive is extremely excited to announce that, for the first time ever, NDH will be held in person on Tuesday August 25th at Wellington, the day before NZMUN CA Training Day. Highlights of our August NDH will include:
- A presentation on the Board of Directors’ 5 Year Strategic Plan and a roundtable discussion on implementation.
- Workshops focusing on better equipping volunteers to pursue positions in Committees, Councils and the NX.
- Teambuilding activities and a volunteer social evening!
RSVP using the website form below before 11.59pm Sunday 9th August. You must RSVP if you intend on attending NDH in person.
- When? NDH will begin at 12.30pm sharp on Tuesday 25th August. Please eat lunch before attending. Afternoon tea will be provided. We will conclude NDH at 6.30pm, at which point we will move to our social evening!
- Where? NDH will be held at Victoria University of Wellington. Can’t make the event in person? The NX is experimenting with digitally streaming some workshops so fear not! However, not all aspects of NDH will be streamed.
- Cost: NDH is completely free to attend! You may also be able to obtain flight caps to help cover your travel costs. See this guide for details.
- Who? The National Executive has decided to do away with the National Council format of being exclusively open to officeholders. All volunteers are now welcome to attend NDH! To qualify as a volunteer, you must have volunteered for at least one UN Youth event in the past two years. Please note: though NDH has no strict size cap, the NX reserves the rights to place a size cap on the event if necessary for logistical practicality. Size caps may also be placed on the social evening.
Remember; in order to attend, you must RSVP!
- General questions or suggestions: National President Mark Howard at email@example.com.
- Administration / registration questions: National Operations Officer Julia Caulfield at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Finance and subsidy questions: National Finance Officer Christine Chang at email@example.com
You can read more about the National Executive’s vision for NDH, as well as its differences to National Council, here:
Please apply to attend our August National Development Hui below. You must RSVP before 11.59pm Sunday 9th August to attend this event.Please select a valid form