Education Officer Applications
THE 2018 COMMITTEE
Committee members act as a team to fulfil specific roles designated by the Coordinator in conjunction with the National Executive. Along with the Coordinator, five Committee Members have been appointed so far. As the Education Officer, you will work closely with this amazing team to bring NZ Model UN 2018 to life!
- Coordinator – Jason Guan
- Assistant Coordinator – Anna Cooper
- Logistics Officer – Patrick Forde
- Promotions Officer – Ishan Kokulan
- Registrations Officer – Zhouai Wang
- Relations Officer – Hye-Song Goo
The Education Officer is responsible for the educational vision and content of the conference. They will receive input from the Committee to lead creation on a cohesive educational vision. Qualities sought include proactivity, flexibility, effective communication skills, reliability and organisational skills. Their main responsibilities will include:
- Lead the creation and refinement of the educational vision.
- Write or compile part of the education material.
- Coordinate the creation of the remaining resolutions and workshops by other members of the Committee or other UN Youth Volunteers.
- Oversee the creation of the briefing papers by special rapporteurs.
- Proofread and edit the educational material.
- Coordinate the training of conference assistants on the use of the educational content.
- Communicate regularly with the National Education Officer.
The role will involve a commitment from appointment to the completion of the final post- conference report in August.
Submit your application via the online application form. You must read the application pack before applying.
Applications for Education Officer only are open until 11.59pm, Sunday 22 October. (click here for the application pack)
Applicants are typically shortlisted for telephone, Skype or in-person interviews.
The final selection will be made by the National Executive and the NZ Model UN 2018 Coordinator. The National Executive reserves the right to reopen applications at its discretion.
Sign up for a reminder
We can get in touch closer to the closing date to remind you about these opportunities.