Download the application pack here to read more about the trip and other details about:
- The directors to read more about the trip and other details about:
- Finance and sponsorship opportunities
- How to apply and the application process
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
The Co-Directors want to build a diverse and balanced delegation. They are looking for a variety of things: students who would benefit from the trip, who would work well with the rest of the delegation, who would represent UN Youth and New Zealand well at HNMUN and our meetings, and who have the potential to give back to UN Youth and New Zealand upon their return from the trip. However, the most important quality we seek is a genuine interest in the educational content of the tour:
We encourage applications from students who demonstrate the following qualities:
- Passion: a genuine interest in what the Tour has to offer
- Strong communication skills: an ability to convey thoughts effectively and listen to others
- Resilience: strength to handle the challenges of the North America Leadership Tour
- Sociability: someone who is going to forge strong connections with the group and enjoy travelling with their peers!
Prior Model UN experience is not necessary.
To be eligible for the tour, applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age when the delegation departs New Zealand on 22nd January 2019
- Be a New Zealand tertiary student at the time of travel and have completed at least 1 year of tertiary education
- Be ordinarily resident in New Zealand
- Hold a current passport that will expire at least six months after the completion of the tour; and
- Have no criminal convictions