The UN+Predictable Auckland Crisis Summit explores how conflicts begin and the ongoing issues caused by conflicts for humankind. Students will be put themselves in the shoes of international leaders whose states are in conflict to negotiate solutions. This is the perfect opportunity to develop traditional skills such as debating, teamwork and creative problem-solving skills in a thrilling format. The Auckland Crisis Summit will test students’ ability to negotiate under pressure, work in a team and adapt to a changing global climate – all of which are crucial to policy development, diplomacy and everyday life. This event will also have engaging guest speakers, workshops, a conventional Model United Nations plenary session and delicious food!
With a theme of UN+Predictable, Auckland Crisis Summit brings an exciting approach to equipping students with a deeper understanding of international diplomacy. All conflicts present complex issues which may arise unpredictably. We hope to inspire students to become global citizens who think critically and openly about the world and their place in it. An exciting day has been planned out featuring multiple scenarios that will require students to work together, consider different perspectives and find common ground. Committee Facilitators will guide small teams of students to tackle issues in an interactive problem-solving format
- Date: Saturday 3rd August 2019, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Location: Owen G Glenn Building, The University of Auckland (12 Grafton Road, Auckland Central 1010)
- Cost: $35.00 and applications for scholarships to cover the cost are available under the ‘Scholarships’ tab
- Delegate Applications Close: Monday 15th July at 11:59 PM
- Conference Assistant Applications Close: Friday 12th July at 11:59 PM
- Dress code: The dress code for this event is smart casual. School uniform can also be worn if you want to represent your school!